Apple’s mixed reality headset is reportedly on the horizon, but will its immersive vision tie into the Web3 metaverse?Andrew Hayward
- Reports suggest that Apple will begin its entry into the metaverse with a pricey headset. Expect price $2,000 – $3,000.
- Apple’s augmented reality (AR) has grown year-to-year since 2015.
- The metaverse from Apple won’t be limited to VR and AR headsets.
What is Metaverse (and what is it not)
Metaverse is a new generation of public blockchain, which provides an open-source platform for building decentralized applications. It is not a traditional virtual world or a simple game.
Metaverse is the world’s first public blockchain to create digital assets and digital identities, providing the infrastructure for the next generation of human society.
What device do you need?
Some of the devices that users can use to access the metaverse include:
- Virtual Reality Headsets: These are immersive devices that users wear on their heads and over their eyes to provide a fully immersive 3D experience. Examples of VR headsets include the Oculus Quest 2, HTC Vive, and Sony PlayStation VR.
- Augmented Reality Glasses: These are glasses that overlay digital images on the real world, providing a mixed reality experience. Examples of AR glasses include Google Glass, Microsoft HoloLens, and Magic Leap One.
- Personal Computers: Many metaverse platforms can also be accessed through traditional personal computers, although the experience may be less immersive.
- Smartphones: Some metaverse experiences can also be accessed through smartphones, although the experience may also be less immersive than using a VR headset or AR glasses.
Ultimately, the specific devices needed to access the metaverse will depend on the platform being used and the type of experience the user is seeking.
How metaverse will change the way we use the internet
The metaverse is a virtual reality platform that allows users to experience augmented reality. This will be a game changer for the internet because it will allow users to interact with each other in an immersive environment.
Apple’s metaverse aims to create a new computing platform, which is different from anything we have seen before. It will be the next big thing in technology and it could change the way we use the internet.
Apple Metaverse and its Potential Impact on the Entertainment Industry
Apple’s new patent filing for a “metaverse” has generated a lot of buzz. The patent describes a system that would take people into a virtual world where they could interact with other people, communicate and share ideas.
The idea of the meta words is not new. In fact, there are many examples of this concept in popular culture. For example, in the movie “Ready Player One”, Wade Watts enters the OASIS – an online virtual reality world where he can play games and meet friends from all over the world. In the book “Snow Crash” by Neal Stephenson, Hiro Protagonist lives in a post-apocalyptic America where his avatar is an armed figure on horseback who carries out missions for Yakuza clans.
The entertainment industry will be impacted by Apple’s new patent filing if it ever becomes reality because it will provide them with more opportunities to create immersive experiences for their viewers and customers.
Conclusion – Metaverse from Apple will be a game changer in 2024-2025???
The new Apple Metaverse will be a game-changer in the world of VR. It will not just be a platform for gaming, but also for education, work and other things.
Apple’s new technology is going to change the way we use our smartphones and computers. The company’s new virtual reality headset is going to transform the way we interact with technology.